Africa Oil & Gas: Republic of Congo to launch new shallow water hydrocarbon round in 2017/18

congo163796_46ac8474ccec47568eef

Congo next licensing round by 2017/18

The Republic of Congo expects to launch a new shallow-water licensing round for 2017/18 after its last round closes at the end of March when winning bidders are expected to be announced, the oil minister said on Wednesday.

Jean-Marc Thystere Tchicaya said the new licensing round would consider pre-salt and post-salt plays close offshore of the west African nation.

Last year Congo launched its 2016 license rounds for eight deep and ultra-deep offshore blocks and five onshore blocks in the Coastal and Cuvette basins. Click here for information on Congo 2016 licensing round. (Source: Reuters)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s