Africa Oil & Gas: Total awarded exploration block offshore Mauritania

Totalfgd

Total Headquarters

Total and Mauritania have signed an exploration and production contract to perform exploration works on Block C7, which covers an area of 7,300 sq kms. The Group will be the operator with a 90% interest alongside the Société Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures et de Patrimoine Minier (SMHPM) holding the remaining 10%.‘This agreement is part of Total’s strategy to explore new deepwater basins in Africa. The addition of the C7 block to our existing C9 deepwater licence creates a contiguous exploration area of around 17,000 sq kms in a high-potential zone in offshore Mauritania,’ said Guy Maurice, Senior Vice President, Africa at Total Exploration & Production, following his meeting with Mohamed Abdel Vetah, Minister of Petroleum, Energy and Mines of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania.

Photo - see caption

Source: Total

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s