Mozambique Oil & Gas: Sasol to sink additional wells in Pande

sasol-hi-res-logoSasol Petroleum is moving ahead to implement a project which will sink additional wells in the Pande natural gas field in Inhambane province, maintaining the supply of the resource to its Central Processing Unit. Continue reading

Africa Mining: SA Deputy President urges return to drawing board as legal battle brews

Deputy President Cyril Ramaphosa

Deputy President A on returning to the Mining Charter drawing board. Camera Work and Editing: Darlene Creamer 20.6.2017 (source: Miningweekly)

South Africa’s Chamber of Mines is preparing legal action in a bid to ban the implementation of the country’s new mining charter that has shocked the industry.
Continue reading

Mozambique Oil & Gas: Sovereign fund seen as solution for gas revenues management

Fund

Investiment Fund (illustration)

Consulting firm Capital Economics says Mozambique should create a sovereign fund to manage the gas revenues and fund infrastructure to diversify the economy, analyst John Asbourne said to Lusa news agency. Continue reading

Mozambique Oil & Gas: Government approves Rovuma Basin LNG maritime terminal concession

 

Ophir Energy O19754104913_d8927e1d1e_oThe Council of Ministers yesterday approved decrees authorizing the terms and conditions of the agreement that grants to the multinationals Anadarko and Eni the Maritime Liquefied Natural Gas Terminal and the installation of Material Discharge in Areas 1 and 4 of the Rovuma Basin, district of Palma, province of Cabo Delgado. Continue reading

Mozambique Mining: Montepuez Ruby Mining reports US$58.8Mi in revenues from rubies auction in Singapore

Rubies gemfields-mozambique-mine-to-yield-rubies-for-over-20-years

Rubies in Montepuez, north Mozambique

A new auction of rubies mined in Mozambique held in Singapore allowed Montepuez Ruby Mining, Lda to obtain revenues of US$54.8 million, said the company, which is a partnership that is 75% owned by Gemfields and the remaining 25% by Mozambique’s Mwiriti. Lda. Continue reading

Africa Oil & Gas: FAR files for arbitration over Senegal

Cairn Senegal_f960x260

Cairn Energy operates these 3 offshore Senegal blocks (Map credit: Cairn)

Australian independent FAR Limited has filed for arbitration in its dispute over ConocoPhillips’ sale to Woodside. The company said June 20 it has made a request to the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris to commence arbitration proceedings to resolve the current Joint Operating Agreement dispute regarding FAR’s right to pre-empt the sale of ConocoPhillips’ interest in the Rufisque, Sangomar and Sangomar Deep joint venture offshore Senegal.

Continue reading

Mozambique Mining: Xtract Resources Group hires two companies to mine gold in Manica

757x468_gold_nuggets,_sized

Gold

Explorator Limitada, a subsidiary of the Xtract Resources group, has hired Omnia Mining and the Moz Gold Group to mine alluvial gold deposits in the mining concession it owns in Manica, in central Mozambique, the group announced in a statement in London. Continue reading

Africa Oil & Gas: TLOU generates first power from CBM in Botswana

TLO first power cbm

TLOU GENERATES BOTSWANA’S 1ST POWER FROM CBM

Tlou Energy, the AIM and Australia-listed independent active in Botswana coalbed methane (CBM) development, said June 20 that it generated its first power from CBM at its field in Botswana following the installation of a gas generator at the Selemo project area.

Continue reading

Mozambique Oil & Gas: Government, Shell enable local use of Rovuma Basin gas

shell-gtl-plant-qatar

Shell Gas-to-liquids refinery, Qatar

The Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy, Leticia Klemens, and the Vice-President of Shell, Clare Harris, signed a memorandum of understanding on Monday in Maputo allocating gas from the Rovuma Basin for domestic use in Mozambique. Continue reading

Mozambique Renewables: Funding guaranteed for Mocuba solar plant

solar-power-plants-banner

MW Solar Power Plants

Funding is guaranteed for the construction of a photovoltaic power station capable of generating 40.5 megawatts of power in Mocuba district, in the central Mozambican province of Zambezia, according to a report in Monday’s issue of the independent daily “O Pais”. Continue reading